As a minimalist who believes in pursuing simplicity in all aspects of my life, I tend to eat simple meals and snacks. They don’t require much of your time, which then provides you with more time to focus on the things that matter most in life.
This recipe is for the salad that I eat pretty much on a daily basis for my lunches.
Salad Ingredients Needed:
Lettuce and/or fresh spinach
Feta or Cheddar Cheese
Raw Sunflower Seeds
The amounts of each ingredient will depend on how many people you are making it for.
All of the ingredients should ideally be organic and fresh, if possible.
– Chop all ingredients (except sunflower seeds) into the sizes that you desire.
– Sprinkle with sunflower seeds
– Add homemade dressing (recipe below) and enjoy!
Homemade Italian Dressing:
Dressing Ingredients Needed:
1/3 cup avocado oil
1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon raw organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon balsamic mustard (optional)
1 clove of freshly/finely chopped garlic (optional)
A sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt
– Add all ingredients to a salad shaker, mason jar or other container.
– Close with a tight fitting lid and shake for about 10 seconds to combine.
– Drizzle over salad and serve!
– Store dressing in room temperature on the counter. In the fridge, it will go solid.
I always double this recipe and store it in a salad dressing container from Winners, so that I can use it throughout the week without having to make more every time.
My dressing recipe is based off this recipe: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/best-italian-salad-dressing-recipe/
Hope you enjoy this delicious vegetarian, organic and healthy salad!