I was notified recently that a fellow blogger whose blog I love reading, has nominated my blog for a Liebster Award! After receiving the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award not too long ago, and as a new blogger, I was surprised yet grateful to see that I was nominated for a second blogger award.
Thank you so much to Fabiola of My Heart of Mexico for the nomination! I am very grateful and appreciative, and I want to thank you for reading my blog and always leaving such thoughtful comments. It means a lot to me!
I have heard of the award before, and am honoured to have received a nomination. It is an award that is given to new bloggers by other bloggers, as a way of recognizing them.
After you receive a nomination, you are to do the following: express thanks to the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog, answer the questions that they have created, create a list of questions for your nominees, and post your list of nominees (comment on their blogs, so they are notified of their award).
Here are my answers to the questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog to share my experiences while traveling, to provide tips and advice for others traveling to the places I have been to, to share my journey embracing a minimalist and simple lifestyle and ultimately, to inspire others to pursue their passions, break down the barriers that are stopping them from doing so, to experience and travel more, and to experiment with minimalism in their lives.
2. How do you find inspiration for your posts?
I find inspiration from reading other blogs about travel and minimalism, and from the online articles and books that I read.
3. What do you like and/or dislike most about blogging?
I love writing. I dislike how time consuming the writing, research and uploading photos actually takes. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into one post.
4. What is your biggest challenge as a blogger?
I think the biggest challenge for me is gaining engaged readers who come back to your site often and who find meaning in what you are writing, and figuring out how best to promote my blog to potential readers. It is also challenging to find the time to research and write, especially when you have a full-time job.
5. What motivates you to keep blogging?
What motivates me is the support and encouragement I have been receiving from other people. I have been told by family members, friends and followers online, that they really enjoy reading my blog and that I am a good writer. This motivates me to keep writing.
6. What do you like to do in your free time?
I really enjoy cooking vegetarian and healthy meals and baking healthy sweet treats! I also love reading and learning new things, playing board and card games, bike riding, walking and exploring new areas in my home city, and spending time with family and friends.
7. What would the perfect day for you be like?
I have many variations of the perfect day. It could involve doing something fun with family, or exploring a new country, or reading and learning about something that interests me, etc.
8. What is number one in your bucket list?
I don’t have a typical bucket list of things to be checked off, but instead, I have a list of things I want to truly experience, life goals I want to accomplish and cultures I want to immerse myself to learn more about them. The goal I want to accomplish next on my list, is traveling to Guatemala, taking Spanish lessons there and living with a local family.
9. Who is the most important person in your life?
The most important person in my life is definitely my mother. She is my best friend and I love chatting with her and doing fun activities together. We are so alike!
10. What is a motto or quote you live by?
This quote by Mark Twain – “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” What motivates me to make the most of this short life we have been blessed with, and to take advantage of opportunities, is knowing that life is short and that one day, we will regret not doing those experiences that involved stepping outside of our comfort zones.
11. What will you do when your blog makes it big?
If that happens, I would celebrate! But in all honestly, my goal is not for my blog to become famous. All I hope for, is that I write content that is interesting and informative and engaging and that people enjoy returning to my blog to learn more about minimalism, or my travels. I just hope to inspire people, even if it’s just one person.
My Questions For You:
- What book are you reading right now, or what was the last book you read?
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
- What is an off the beaten path place or attraction you have been to, that you would recommend others visit?
- If you could choose any country in the world to live in, which one would you choose?
- What are three of your favourite foods or meals?
- What are your favourite and least favourite things about blogging?
- What are some of your hobbies that you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What is something you’ve done or experienced once that you would never do a second time, but would recommend that other people try it once?
- What is the scariest thing you have ever done or experienced?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
Thanks again to Fabiola for the nomination and I can’t wait to see all of your answers!