I have always wanted to visit San Francisco. The iconic city has been featured in many movies and television shows and watching them had sparked my interest in the city.
Well, I am finally going to San Francisco! My mother and I will be taking our first mother-daughter trip together, just her and I, to this beautiful city for 6 days. We will be leaving tomorrow morning, bright and early at 7 AM, from the airport in Winnipeg.
I had been checking flight booking websites religiously for a little while already, back in June, looking for the best price. On Tuesday, June 9th in the evening, I decided to check the West Jet website and discovered that the flight to San Francisco that I had been eyeing for a little while now, was on sale! It was regularly $750 but on that night, it was only $538! I couldn’t pass that deal up and since I wasn’t sure when the sale was ending, I purchased my flights that night. Ever since then, I have been planning and researching (typical me).
Some of the highlights of my rough itinerary include:
– Touring Alcatraz Prison and Island
– The Golden Gate Bridge from Crissy Field and Fort Point
– Golden Gate Park
– Mission District Murals
– Tacos and Ice Cream in the Mission
– Alamo Park Square to see The Painted Ladies
– Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39
– Riding the Cable Cars
– Checking out Lombard Street (the most crooked street in the world)
– Riding the Cable Cars through Russian Hill and Nob Hill (Grace Cathedral, Huntington Park)
– Walking around The Castro neighbourhood
– Walking around Chinatown
– Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market and Ferry Building
– Visiting the Haight-Ashbury neighbourhood
– Checking out the North Beach neighbourhood (Washington Square Park and Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral)
– Union Square
– Civic Center, City Hall and UN Plaza
– Admiring the view from Coit Tower
– Checking out Mission Dolores Park
– Climbing the Greenwich, Filbert, Mosaic and Hidden Garden Stairways (hopefully my legs don’t fall off!)
Some things I won’t have time for during this trip, but which I will definitely do next time include:
– Hiking in Muir Woods
– Road Trip to Yosemite National Park
– Biking Across the Golden Gate Bridge
– Taking a Ferry to Sausalito or Tiburon
– And much more…
I can’t wait to explore this lovely city! I will be posting photos and day-by-day posts about what I have been up to as well.